haaaay again

I have not updated my blog in a while because we had some hot days with plenty of hills and I always manage to roll in exhausted. I often find myself thinking about song lyrics involving hills, specifically “The climb” by Miley Cyrus. Yesterday we had a tough time getting out of pitt and many of us were on the road for 12 hours. Today was overcast and only 64 miles. It was nice to arrive at our stayover early!

• Jill Canaday says:

I am so glad to read your blogs. As I sit here drinking hot coffee from my Illini Mom cup, I know that you all will get stronger and stronger each day. You will look back and be amazed how much strength you had gained. The bad lands will be much easier because of your extremely difficult trip out east.

We can’t ever thank you enough for all your dedication and drive for such a worthy cause. We support you and love each one of you!
    Kevin & Jill

• Joanne Mazurski says:

Just want to say that I cannot agree enough with Mrs. Canaday. You are amazing and appreciated by so many for caring enough to take on this endeavor. Thank you, Mary.

• Janet Juarez says:

I love reading about your adventures….although feel a little guilty doing it while drinking my morning coffee. Your an amazing individual and hope you feel all the love and support from everyone while you are riding.

Here’s to finding strength to get you through each new day….and to having a little fun along the way too. Ride on!!!

• JOHN LOBBAN says:

Time to update the blog, Mary! :)

Enjoyed meeting everyone today in Greencastle, IN. Wish I’d had more time to visit. Enjoy your stay in Rockville, Indiana tonight. Be sure to ride through a few of the scenic covered bridges — and send us a photo or two…

Illini 4000 for Cancer — Bicyclists Riding for Cancer Research — http://bit.ly/9kfFAW — @illini4000

• Tracey Russell says:

Mary,

Keep your head up and yes, song lyrics are often great inspiration when trying to do something difficult!

“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. “~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

God Bless
    The Atlanta Russells

• Johnny (bo) says:

Alllriighht (dads voice) LINGOL… on a more serious note, great job so far mar! Hope you broke through that barrier where waking up and biking 80 miles a day seems like a normal one. I went. like 3 today on the tandem and needed oxygen. Keep the updates comin! Can’t wait to see ya this weekend! Yay exclamation point!