goodbye IL, hello Wisconsin!

No more miles of endless cornfields! We were on dirt bike trails for most of today’s ride though. They weren’t fun at all. Rain + sand/gravel = resistance and danger. I unexpectedly veered to the side of the gravel path and ended up splat on the ground. Not another fall… I was surprised by how much blood was flowing from my knee, but it was not painful at all.  Although it was only a 63 mile ride, it felt like it took us forever to get to our stay-over.

The morning started off good. We were chatting and having a relaxing bike ride. The last 20 miles after lunch were especially hard for me. My knee started acting up again and every pedal was painful. I hope this knee problem isn’t permanent. I cannot imagine not being able to run anymore because of a bad knee. So many girls in I4k are having knee problems. I wonder if there is anything we can do to prevent this.

• Lily Foo says:

Though we talk on the phone every night, it’s still great reading your blog. Thanks for taking the effort.Hopefully your left knee pain is nothing permanent but sympathy pains for the others in the team who have been putting up with it since the beginning of the ride yet they kept their spirits high for the cause.Ride on – God will carry you on eagle’s wings.Praying for quick recovery for all the painful knees and scrapes of 14k. I love you!!

• donna kalis says:

Thanking God for you and the whole team. Our Bible study will also pray for the team. Will pray specifically regarding your and others knee(s). Praising Him amidst whatever we might encounter. Love, Donna

• Dad says:

All the girls should have their knees removed and replaced with titanium ones. I’ll arrange this for you guys at your first stop in Minnesota.

• Bill Rynecki says:

Pricillia – Do you know the location of your overnight in Rochester Minnesota? I’m unable to find it on the website.

• Joanne Mazurski (Lauren's Mom says:

Priscilla, I am so excited about the titanium knees your dad is arranging! LOL

Will continue lifting you all up in prayer for God’s strength.

• priscilla says:

Sorry, the cues for that day are not up yet, so I don’t know where we will be staying in Rochester. I’ll let you know when I do!

• Erik Volkman says:

We’ll be staying at Calvary Episcopal Church,111 3rd Ave SW, Rochester, MN. It’s right next to the Mayo Clinic Campus in downtown Rochester.

• Jong Ai FOO says:

Hi Priscilla,

Just want to remind you of Isaiah 40:28-31, which says, “Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

I’m proud of what you are doing. The Lord would give you strength.

Love,
    Dad (in Singapore)

• Uncle Cheng Hoo says:

Way to go Priscilla. I took my bike out yesterday and ride all the way to my Mom’s place. Some of it was significant uphill climb. I hear the bike chain creaking at the climb. My knees held up okay. But my leg muscles felt it. The view is not quite as spectacular. But I make it without a bruise. Hurray, I completed all 1400m of it. That’s my I14K. So my hat’s off to you and the team. Proud of you.

• pfu priscilla says:

Hi Mrs Masurski! haha the ‘Dad’ isn’t my Dad. My dad is ‘Jong Ai FOO’.